Unity Bangor (LGBTQ+)
If you’re LGBTQ+, a straight supporter, or just somebody who likes to have a good night out or a chat without hassle or prejudice, Unity is the society for you! Alongside our renowned social events, we also provide support to students having sexual or gender identity related issues, and run campaigns for LGBTQ+ acceptance and equality. There are lots of ways to join in, including:
- Identity is our monthly “attitude free” club night. Being such a large society allows us to negotiate the best possible drinks deals, our resident DJ serves up a range of music to suit all tastes, and the proceeds frequently go to charities or smaller societies.
- LGBTea is a weekly coffee afternoon (in the Blue Sky Cafe) for everyone to chill out in a relaxed atmosphere. Ideal if you don’t drink or prefer a quiet chat to a heavy night out.
- Film screenings at regular intervals, including cult films, old films, new films... you get the idea.
- Weekly meetings! This is where the committee has its weekly meeting, but non-committee members are absolutely welcome, and it’s not uncommon to see us all having a few drinks together after the discussion’s over!
- Unity Guides are Unity members who have undergone the same training as subject guides and will offer a listening ear to anyone who needs it. You can find a Unity Guide on Facebook, or come along to a confidential ‘drop in’ session.
- Facebook and Twitter are places where you can get in touch with any member of the Unity committee in confidence to discuss a problem, make a comment, or ask us to run a campaign.
Unity campaigns on a variety of issues, including:
- Donation not Discrimination
- AIDs Awareness
- LGBTQ Sexual Health
- Trans* Rights
- LGBT Domestic Abuse
Get in touch with us: